Wednesday 31 January 2018

Hello everyone! 
We are Carmen and Mariella, we are classmates and this is what we think about our involvement in the project JH4BF so far. 
When we found out we had the opportunity to join this project we were excited, motivated and a bit worried.It's the first time we have been cooperating with foreign schools. 
Of course Erasmus+ has been giving us the possibility to improve our English (which is the official and only language we can use), but mostly we feel now more self-confident and we are able to manage international situations better. 
Since October we discovered how our ancestors felt when they migrated from our region to look for a better life abroad. We noticed the differences between them and us: while we travel for fun and adventure, they travelled for necessity. Travelling was not and easy thing to do, just like for immigrants who arrive in Europe nowadays. They left their families with nothing in their pockets, they could not speak the language of the country of their dreams, turning out to be incomprehensible for native speakers. The worst thing about all of that was surely being considered as dirty animals with no rights.
We hope all the activities will help us and all the pupils involved in this project to open our minds and to see the phenomenon of migration in a different way!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Carmen and Mariella! I'm Beatriz from Portugal. Coming from a migrant family too, I often think of how hard it must have been to leave the place I call home and move to a new place, it actually a scary thought, losing home I mean, and when I realise that my ancestors went through that in other to get better live conditions to the newer generations I can't help but to feel grateful regarding them but also quite sad that they were forced to leave their homes. Looking now on the refugees situation I can't help but to feel this need to help them, find them better live conditions, if I could I would even shelter one if given the chance because I can imagine how awful it must be to live like that, feeling like you don't belong anywhere. So I would like to learn how I could help them and that is one of the reasons why I joined this project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatriz! The story of your family really impressed me. Why don't you write a post about it?

      Delete
    2. I don't know how to create a post

      Delete
    3. I don't know how to create a post

      Delete
  2. Hi Carmen and Mariella,
    We are José and Manuel, teachers from Guadalajara, Spain, and we like very much what you wrote about migrations in the past. And as it is usually said: "The early bird catches the worm" typical migrants` thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks very much! We worked hard for this project, because we care a lot about this topic. Unfortunately, the quote you wrote reflects a situation that still exists nowadays. We should learn how to make immigrants feel comfortable, no matter where they are from or whether they're on the first or the last ship!

    ReplyDelete